Grace Episcopal Church was built in 1877-78. The building of Grace was funded by contributions from members and friends in the Spring Hill community. The Right Reverend Charles T. Quintard, the 2nd Bishop of the Diocese of Tennessee, consecrated the church on May 16, 1878. Grace has been in continuous service to the Spring Hill community since that time.
The original church building consists of a small narthex (or entry); a nave (or sanctuary); a chancel and altar from which the priest conducts services; a small sacristy (or room in which vestments and Eucharist supplies are kept); and a single belfry. Plans for the church were drawn by well-known Nashville architect, P. J. Williamson in the Carpenter Gothic style of architecture which was very popular immediately following the Civil War.
Grace Episcopal Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.