https://graceepiscopalspringhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/minimal-workpiece-2.jpg 705 705 James Dallas https://graceepiscopalspringhill.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Grace-Episcopal-Church_FPO-logo_201907-1-300x242.png James Dallas2020-08-10 20:46:542020-08-10 20:52:58Technical Support
Here are some step-by-step instructions for getting Facebook working on some common smart devices:
Android Smart Phones and Tablets (Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google and other manufacturers):
- Many smart phones and tablets will have the Facebook app installed “out of the box.” If it is not installed, however, start by opening the “Google Play” app. You should already have a Google account (it is a standard part of activating an Android device; if you are having trouble with this, I recommend contacting your phone service provider). Note: If you are using an Amazon device (Fire tablet), you will need to use the Amazon app store instead.
- Using Google Play, search for and download the “Facebook” app.
- Once the app is downloaded, open it.
- On the login screen, enter your login information if you have used Facebook before; if not, touch the “Create New Facebook Account” button and follow the prompts to create an account. You may be asked to grant the app permissions; tap “Allow” when asked. During the sign-in process, a text message (SMS) will be sent to your phone with an authentication code.
- Once you login to Facebook, go to the search bar at the top (this is a line with a magnifying glass). A keyboard will appear. Tap in “grace episcopal spring hill, tn” (without the quotation marks) and hit the “Enter” or magnifying glass icon on the touch keyboard to search. Several search results may appear; the one that says “Grace Episcopal Spring Hill, TN” with a picture of our church’s narthex is for our Facebook group.
- Touch the “+ Join Group” button to join our group.
- If you scroll through the posts in our group, you should be able to find our recent videos, including any live video streams.
Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)
- If Facebook is not already installed, go to the App Store app. You will need your Apple ID and password (these are set up as part of your device activation process).
- In the App Store app, go to the “Search” icon (magnifying glass) and type in “Facebook” tofind the Facebook app. Tap the “Get” button to install Facebook.
- After Facebook installs, tap the “Facebook” icon on your home screen.
- Log in to Facebook or create a new account. The steps for creating a new Facebook account on an Apple device are basically the same as they are for Android device, although you may receive an e-mail instead of a text message with a verification code.
- See steps #6 and #7 under “Android Smart Phones” to finish joining our group.